Pain, stiffness or weakness keeping you from activities you want to do? Recurring injuries? Plagued by injury taking too long to heal? Considering surgery because you think you have no other options? Not responding to traditional physical therapy, chiropractic or medical interventions?
Integrated Manual Therapy is Bodywork utilizing manual therapy, education, self management strategies and movement designed to address specific problems with posture, movement and pain. Our time is dedicated to finding therapeutic solutions to facilitate the healing process in order to solve your problems. The client usually wears loose fitting clothing to allow movement and treatment. Tools used by the manual therapist come from a tradition under the scope of practice of a therapeutic bodyworker and can be different from accepted physical therapy techniques. This requires specific training that is different from standard massage or traditional physical therapy----using different treatment techniques.
- Integrated Manual Therapy does not require a physician referral for treatment. Payment for Integrated Manual Therapy is by cash, check or credit card at the time the service is provided. Insurance companies do not pay for massage or Bodywork. Considering the time savings of fewer trips to the clinic and the value of resolving your pain so much faster than normal, the out of pocket expense is a huge bargain. Techniques different from physical therapy include: craniosacral therapy, visceral manipulation, neural manipulation, massage, positional release and fascial columns.
Our “Our Unique Bodywork Approach” include:
- Treating the cause of your problem(s) rather than treating just the symptoms through a thorough biomechanical examination at each visit. Not going to waste your time and money with heat, cold, ultrasound or electrical stimulation.
- Correcting your problem using rare highly specialized manual therapy techniques to improve your movement---then follow through with simple, sensible exercises and education so you can continue to improve.
- Our hands and our mind are our primary tools. You find that our clinic does not have a room full of exercise equipment. Most of the exercises can be performed with simple items in your home.
- You get 45 minutes to one hour of one-on-one treatment with Mike Crossett at all times. No other personnel are involved with your treatment.
- We work hard and honestly to get you better. We do not want to waste your time and money.